The Office of Research proudly supports an internationally recognized research enterprise, where our shared goal is pursuing innovative science and improving the lives of patients and their families. We work diligently to foster a vibrant research environment, with units including:
Formerly the Office of Clinical Research, the Clinical Research Hub is the one stop shop for all faculty and staff UF Health Research administrative needs.
The College of Medicine has numerous core facilities available for researchers.
University of Florida guidelines for establishing a new Center or Institute.
Resources and tools for faculty, departmental administrators and research leadership to assist in new faculty onboarding.
College of Medicine resources for obtaining independent research funding, COM limited opportunities, bridge funding and grant support resources.
The College of Medicine Space Committee provides overall guidance for space policies and procedures to ensure that space related decision-making is aligned with the College of Medicine guiding principles, mission, and core values.
Take part in research to provide safe and effective treatments for patients like you.
Visit the Center for Undergraduate Research CANVAS one-stop-shop for all information about undergraduate research including research opportunities, workshops, seminars, presentations, and more!
As these units work to facilitate and impact key research functions and processes at the UF College of Medicine, our team members strive to:
- Create and maintain strategic resources to enhance investigators’ competitiveness
- Streamline research processes to increase research team satisfaction
- Build and refine coordinated infrastructure to support high-quality research
- Accelerate and enhance research through external partnerships to impact health
- Engage the research community by improving cross-communication
- The UF College of Medicine Office of Research Affairs is also leading the implementation of the multi-million dollar Strategic Research Initiative, where our entire research enterprise is working to “fast forward” to tomorrow’s cures
Across the spectrum, our team’s primary mission is to support a culture of innovation and efficiency that serves the College of Medicine research community and, ultimately, contributes to positive patient impact. As such, the Office of Research is continuously expanding their power to facilitate research. A few exciting resources that are in the works include:
- Calendar Review & Analytics
- Central Biorepository
- MedTech Corridor
- Grant Services & Analysis
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Research Intelligence & Analytics
- Laboratory Animal Medicine
At the University of Florida College of Medicine Office of Research we focus on researchers, so they can focus on great science.
Azra Bihorac, MD, MS, FCCM, FASN
Senior Associate Dean for Research Affairs
University of Florida College of Medicine
R. Glenn Davis Professor of Medicine, Surgery and Anesthesiology
Director, Intelligent Critical Care Center